28 Apr Nancy Stephenson résumé
Occupational Therapist | BOccThy
Ms Stephenson graduated from the University of Queensland in 1984 and has been practicing for 37 years. She is highly experienced in medicolegal assessment, total and permanent disability assessment, activities of daily living assessment, vocational assessment, and functional capacity assessment. She has worked in occupational rehabilitation for many years conducting functional capacity assessments, worksite visits, designing return to work programs and case management of injured workers. She has been in private practice for many years and has consulted to industry, Comcare, WorkCover Queensland, insurers, Department of Defence, individuals, and private organisations.
Ms Stephenson has specific expertise in respiratory and dust diseases, including mesothelioma, coal worker’s pneumoconiosis (black lung) silicosis and asbestosis.
She has been conducting medicolegal assessments for more than 15 years and is an experienced expert witness. She provides medicolegal assessments for personal injury, medical negligence and workplace and industrial accidents. Ms Stephenson specialises in assessing complex and catastrophically injured cases. She continually develops her knowledge and skills by regularly attending training courses and conferences to adopt best practice in medicolegal reporting.
- Private Practice
- Consultant Occupational Therapist, (exclusive to ASSESS Medical Group
Special areas of expertise
- Medicolegal Reports
- Vocational Assessments
- Functional Capacity Assessments
- Dust & Disease Assessments
- Care Needs Assessments
- Historical Sexual Abuse Assessments
- Independent Assessments for eligibility to the National Disability Insurance Authority
- Member, Occupational Therapy Australia
- Associate Member, Medico-Legal Society of QLD
- Associate Member, Law Society of QLD
Qualifications, accreditations and awards
- NSW SIRA AHP – NSW Motor Accident Authorised Health Practitioner