06 May Dr Roger Pillemer résumé
Dr Roger Pillemer OAM
Orthopaedic Surgeon | MBBCh (Rand), FRCS (Ed), FRACS, FAOrthA
Dr Roger Pillemer OAM is a highly experienced Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with extensive experience in general orthopaedics and is an expert provider of medicolegal assessments relating to matters of workers compensation and permanent impairment.
Further to completing medical training in South Africa, Dr Pillemer undertook advanced training in orthopaedics and as a South African Fellow visited hospitals and received further specialty education in the United States and United Kingdom, after receiving The ABC Travelling Fellowship. Dr Pillemer then moved to Australia to work both in private practice and public hospitals in New South Wales. He has undertaken a wide variety of work including teaching, advising and the provision of guidelines to various committees. He has also published a range of YouTube videos aimed at educating people in patient examination.
In 2020 Dr Pillemer was awarded prestigious recognition for services to community health through medical advisory roles as a Member of the Order of Australia. He has held senior State and Federal appointments including as a Senior Approved Medical Specialist and Committee Member on the NSW Workers Compensation Commission; a Member on the National Permanent Impairment Coordinating Committee, Safe Work Australia; and Honorary Secretary of the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
Not only does Dr Pillemer have his own educational YouTube channel of over 1000 subscribers, but he also became a published author in 2022 with his book entitled “Handbook of Upper Extremity Examination” and is set to release a follow up book called “Handbook of Lumbar Spine and Lower Extremity Examination” in 2023.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Private Practice NSW
- Leading Medical Member & Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA) Representative, Safe Work Australia National Permanent Impairment Coordinating Committee
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, ASSESS Medical Group
Special areas of expertise
- General Orthopaedics
- Workers Compensation Assessment
- Permanent Impairment Assessment
- Member, Royal Australian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Member, Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons (FAOrthA)
Qualifications, accreditations and awards
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Witwatersrand University
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh UK
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Medal of Order of Australia (OAM) 2000
- Permanent Impairment Assessor – SIRA (NSW)