03 Aug Dr Andrea Riha
Dr Andrea Riha
Cardiologist (Vascular Medicine) | MB BS (Hons1), FRACP, FCSANZ
Dr Andrea Riha is a Cardiologist with wide experience in Vascular Medicine and Cardiology. She has expertise in the treatment and prevention of deep venous thrombosis, as well as management of pulmonary embolism and vascular diseases that include leg ulcers and vasculitis. Dr Riha also has special interest in cardiac risk factor modification and women’s cardiac issues.
After graduating from the University of Queensland, Dr Riha trained and worked at predominantly the Princess Alexandra Hospital. She then went on to complete speciality training at the Prince Charles Hospital, and Monash Medical Centre in Melbourne.
Since 2002, Dr Riha has held appointment as Vascular Physician/Cardiologist consulting at Wesley Hospital, and serves on several committees within the Hospital. She is also involved in the echocardiography reporting process for I-MED. Further, Dr Riha is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Queensland. Her research interests have been published in peer reviewed journals.
Dr Riha is fluent in Czech and German.
- Vascular Physician/Cardiologist, Wesley Hospital
- Echocardiography Reporting – I-MED RN and others
- Senior Lecturer, University of Queensland, School of Medicine
- Consultant Cardiologist (Vascular), ASSESS Medical Group
Special areas of expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Vascular Issues
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Leg Ulcers
- Member, Medical Advisory Committee, Wesley Hospital and Accreditation Sub-committee
- Member, Pressure Injury Committee, Wesley Hospital
- Member, Venous thromboembolism (VTE) Prevention Committee
- Member, Queensland Medical Women’s Society
Qualifications, accreditations and awards
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Fellow, Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand